Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2007

Coasting On Karma

I see my life as a wave, sometimes flooding, sometimes ebbing. I have found myself good at staying on my feet when enduring these periods. I have to be aware that I choose this life, and get bored with routine. What happens when I am at low tide, is I exert my energy toward others. Recently I have edited videos for others, as well as done some custom audio editing for voice-over work.

Give and Receive
I don't expect to see any great reward for these deeds, but to keep in practice and remind people of my abilities. This week, I found some reward by being hired for some freelance sound work at network rates (sweet!). This happened about 24 hours after I found out one of my last full time job leads had fizzled out. So I stay on my feet for another month. But there has to be a more long term solution, so freelance web design looks to be in my future. This is already an easy choice, with my lengthy programming experience.

Freelance Living
What has surprised me most in the last few months is the amount of Voice-Over recording and editing work I've had. This fits into my sphere of talents, and is just as fun as anything else I set my mind to. It is hard to put faith in Karma to reinforce my track record of living Bohemian one month and being paid to stay in a high-buck resort in Palm Springs the next month. Hopefully it all balances out.

No comments: