Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

We Can Work It Out (with The Getaway)



This is one of my favourite Beatles songs. This power-pop version I did uses pounding percussion and heavy guitar sounds to give it a hard edge. The video comes from the movie “The Getaway”, starring Steve McQueen and Ali MacGraw, who had their own troubles to work out.

Here's some brief thoughts of recent events...

Fulfilment of Time.

Seth books talk about how time is an illusion. The movie "Slaughterhouse 5" suggests that we are actually travelling back and forth in our own lives. I see my life having connections between past and present. As I continue to finish the final audio edit and mixing for the feature film I worked on in 1997, I am fulfilling what my own self intended to do back then - in 2007. What Seth instructs us to do is to look into moments in our past that foretell a major event happening later in life, like foreshadowing in a movie.

Questions to Ponder

How do they know that no 2 snowflakes are alike? Did they check?

If all the world's a stage, where does the audience sit?

Some critiques about Super Bowl commercials.

For some reason, Coke and Tostitos are taking credit for all the gains made by African-Americans in the past 100 years. Just like how Chevy takes credit for 'being there' through all the disasters and wars "Our Country" has endured (as well as triumphs in Civil Rights). Coke and Tostitos unfortunately can be mostly be credited for encouraging obesity in our country. Yes, it's terrific that African-Americans have been able to gain in stature, but let the right people take credit for it. (What's next? How about they CGI a bag of Tostitos in Martin Luther King's hand during his "I have a dream" speech)

No comments: